F-5E Tiger II 1/40
Wingspan: 8.25 inches
Length: 14.5 inches
The F-5E Tiger II is a single-seat version for the Tunisian Air Force. In 1950, the F-5 started its life as a privately-funded light fighter program by Northrop. The first generation F-5A Freedom Fighter entered service in 1960. During the Cold War, there were over 800 produced through 1972 for US Allies. The F-5 proved to be a successful combat aircraft for US Allies, but it didn't entered front-line service with the US due to diverging priorities of the US services. A few surplus F-5As and F-5Es have been sold to private owners. In 1970, Northrop's F-5A-21, which subsequently became the F-5E, was designated to replace the F-5A. It was lengthened and enlarged, with increased wing area and more sophisticated avionics, and was initially having Emerson AN/APQ-153 radar. The F-5E eventually acquired its official name Tiger II. In its service life, the F-5E experienced numerous upgrades. The F-5E Tiger II has a crew capacity of 1. It has a maximum speed of 917 kn and a ferry range of 2,010 nmi.
This handcrafted model is painted in the same paint scheme as the original and is painstakingly built from Philippine mahogany by our skilled craftsmen. Perfect as a gift for any aviation enthusiast and history buff!