P-40 Warhawk in formation print framed and matted to include real fuselage metal from a WWII P-40 aircraft.
The Curtiss P-40 Warhawk is an American single-engined, single-seat, all-metal fighter and ground-attack aircraft that flew for the first time 1938. The P-40 design was a modification of the previous Curtiss P-36 Hawk which reduced development time and enabled a rapid entry into production and operational service.
The Warhawk was used by most of the Allied powers during World War II, and remained in frontline service until the end of the war. It was the third most-produced American fighter of World War II, after the P-51 and P-47; by November 1944, when production of the P-40 ceased, 13,738 had been built, all at the Curtiss-Wright Corporation's main production facilities at Buffalo, New York.
Certificate of Authenticity included.